Harvest Sunset 3 column

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Roasted Pork Tenderloin


As part of my menu plan this week, I made a delicious pork tenderloin using a recipe of my favorite Southern cook, Paula Deen. I found this recipe several years ago when hosting my family for Easter dinner. I don't know why I do not make it more often. I forgot just how good it is!! It's also pretty kid friendly, my 5 yr old said "Mmmm this is awesome mom!" and even my 2 yr old ate it all up. Nevermind we have to tell her that it is chicken. Any whitish meat like turkey or pork we have to just tell her it is chicken so she will eat it. I figure there is plenty of time later for her to learn the truth :)

Ingredients:
1 Pork Tenderloin

Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry red wine
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 green onions tops, chopped

Add all ingredients to a large ziplock bag along with your tenderloin. Mix well and marinade over night. (Or if you are like me and forget this the night before, just marinade all day.) When ready to cook, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 min or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.

She also serves her tenderloin with root vegetables, like parsnips, turnips & carrots. We just used what we had on hand. I roasted some potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots with olive oil and salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a separate dish. Bake at 350 for about 25 min.

It's a relatively easy recipe since the marinading time does most of the work for you to give it this unique flavor! If you decide to try it please let me know how you like it! I promise you won't be dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...