Harvest Sunset 3 column

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Menu Planning Monday


In an effort to get better organized I have recently started menu planning. It's been a process trying to get used to doing it every week and sometimes I get busy and it never happens. Part of my plan in 2012 is to be diligent about weekly menu planning. There are a ton of great recipes and menu planning websites out there to help you get started. One great resource I have found is Org Junkie.

Here you can link up to her weekly Menu Planning Monday posts and get meal ideas from others.

My goals with menu planning are:

1) Save time by already knowing the answer to "What's For Dinner?"
2) Have ingredients on hand for healthy family meals
3) Save $ by not grabbing food to go
4) Use store circulars to plan meals around what is on sale
5) Try new recipes frequently and swap ideas with others

I know it's Tuesday, so I am day behind :) In the future you will find Menu Planning Monday as an every Monday post.

Without further ado, here is my menu for this week:

Monday
Tacos, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans

Tuesday
Salmon, Cheesy Broccoli, Parmesan Garlic Risotto

Wenesday
Jambalaya, Cornbread

Thursday
Leftovers

Friday
Out for dinner- my sister's birthday!

Saturday
Homemade Pizza

Sunday
Pork loin, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans

What's for dinner at your house this week? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...