Harvest Sunset 3 column

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pregnancy Update:29-31 weeks

Ok so I've been really horrible about updating as my pregnancy progresses and before I know it, it will be over!! I just hit 31 weeks today. Time is just flying by! So here's an over due update:

Me
First, some good news! I passed my 3 hour glucose test!!! I was very nervous about this because with my first child I failed the one hour and then again failed the 3 hour testing. I suffered through the daily finger pokes, weekly perinatologist visits, meetings with the nutritionist and tracking EVERYTHING I ate. I was able to keep my blood sugar under control this way. I know one of the risks of gestational diabetes is having a large baby. She only ended up weighing 6 lbs 10 oz which was perfect. With Callie I passed my one hour test so this time I really didn't know what to expect. When they told me I failed my one hour I was pretty sure then this time I will have GD again. But I was wrong, thank God!

My fasting for the glucose test also helped me at my Dr weigh in right after. I was hoping to have only gained maybe 2 lbs since I gained that whopping 12 over the holidays!! But I actually lost 1 lb since my visit 3 weeks prior. I was definitely happy with that. I had another Dr appt this past Wed after another 3 weeks and I gained 4 lbs. I think I am at around 21 lbs total weight gain with 9 weeks to go.

I have felt pretty good except that it is getting harder at night to get comfortable and sleep. I probably wake up 3 times every night and sometimes it is hard to fall back asleep. I've also been having A LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions, partly I'm sure due to my lack of water intake.

Baby
Baby boy is moving around constantly! I think I'm going to have another busy body on my hands! I wish I could peek inside and really see what he is up to. Sometimes it is almost like he is running in place in there.
His heart rate this last visit was 142. He is usually in the 140's, lower than the girls who were in the 150-160's most of the time.

I've spent a large part of this weekend working on his room. Basically cleaning it out first and finding new homes for all of these random things. And, I finally ordered the baby bedding! I'm very excited for it to come in, around mid March. In the mean time I have the fabric swatches so I can match paint and other knick knacks, wall art etc. Etsy has some really cute things I will be looking at this week. So fun!

A few pictures of "Us":

30 Weeks

29 Weeks

Since my biggest challenge right now is to remember to drink enough water, I've been using this reusuable cup with a straw that I got as a Christmas gift.


It's been a lifesaver and I love that it has a lid on it so I can take it into stores with me while running errands. I hate to buy or use bottled water unless I have to since it is so wasteful. The only downside is that it needs to be handwashed. I just wish now I had about 5 more of these!!

With only 9 weeks to go, my hope is that I get some updating done here a little more often.

On my list this week: Finish cleaning out the baby room. Choose paint color & purchase a sample can of paint to try next to the fabrics. Start looking for a dresser. Look online for inexpensive art and decor ideas for his walls.

And for now, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...