Harvest Sunset 3 column

Monday, February 20, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: Week of 2/20-2/26



Happy President's Day! I'm so glad to have this day off with the kiddos! Even though I only work Monday & Friday, I get really excited about a holiday off!

After having my menu all planned out for this past week, my husband found out he had to go out of town for work on Friday until late Sunday. I did a little rearranging and moved our Baked Chicken to Thursday while he was still here and saved our left over Spaghetti & Meatballs for Sun night. Sadly, I had made the gumbo which was terrific, and I forgot to transfer the pot to the fridge once it had cooled and it sat out all night long! I was so bummed we had to throw all of the rest of it away!
Since my husband was gone and it was just me and the girls, we cheated a little bit the rest of the week. Instead of steaks on Friday I was so exhausted by the end of the day that I took the girls to McDonald's. Saturday we made a frozen pizza at home and Sunday night had our left over Spaghetti. Not exactly the healthiest weekend, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to survive!

Here is what we have planned for this week:

Monday
Chicken Fajita Tostados
Black Beans
Spanish Rice

Tuesday
Homemade Minestrone Soup
Spring Salad

Wednesday
Grilled NY Strip steaks
Sautéed Mushrooms
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Spring Salad

Thursday
Leftovers-any of the above

Friday
Mexican dinner with MOPS group parents. Free dinner & childcare!!

Saturday
On Your Own
I have a friend's baby shower to attend this evening so daddy & the girls are on their own! Probably going to be pizza for dinner!

Sunday
Taco Soup??
I have some ground turkey I can use but am having a hard time coming up with what to make!?

Head over to Menu Plan Monday where I'm linking up with Orgjunkie & browse hundreds of other menu ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...